Bruschetta with Tomatoes & Mozzarella
This is a great little appetizer that is a hit a all the potlucks. It is easy to make and ends up being fabulous.
- 1 lb. tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 lb. mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium baguette, cut into 1/2 slices
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper to taste
Dice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces and drain over a bowl for 30 minutes to remove excess liquid. Combine all relish ingredients except the cheese in a small bowl. Stir well and taste for seasoning. Prepare the grill for medium-hot grilling. Place the bread on the grill and grill each side just until marks appear. Remove from grill and rub the bread on each side with whole garlic cloves. Add the cheese to the relish, spoon the mixture onto each slice, and then drizzle over a little more olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and serve.