This is a delicious skillet dinner made with linguine. Chicken scampi should be served mixed vegetables. This is a fabulous dish that can be ready in 25 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (cut into small strips)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or ½ cup egg substitute)
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups hot cooked linguini
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Dip chicken in egg then dredge in breadcrumbs. Place olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add broth and next 4 ingredients (broth through oregano), and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes a wonderful sauce!